4/18/07

Notice the Teacup-Like Sketch.

I was flipping through my sketchbook this morning and I found these sketches of Bed Monster as the cake for Brennan in Search of His Mother.

So, my original idea was to have two of the legs as the bottom of the cake, and his arms would fill in some of the spaces between the bottom and the actual cake. But that didn't go over so well...to me it almost looks like a teacup. I think the ones in the second row are my best ones. So, for the final strip, I tried to copy one of those, but I can't remember which one. I think it was the one on the left.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Great sketches, Riley! How come you scribbled some out?

Riley said...

I just didn't think some were very good. But when I sketched these, I didn't really know that I was going to post them.