6/30/07

To George Lucas


For all those who weren't keeping track, it's Star Wars's 30th birthday this year. I just had to do something to celebrate it, since all the LEGO products and magazines have "Star Wars 30 Anniversary" on it. This is what came into mind. I almost settled on doing something from Return of the Jedi, but I thought, "Star Wars 4 came out 30 years ago." So I stuck with this. Not counting my Sunday panel layout, I needed three guides to draw this strip: a how-to-draw book for the closeup of the Millennium Falcon, some sketches I did of Star Wars explosions, and my rough-out I did in my sketchbook. I liked trying to mix my yellow and orange and red to get this good explosion-color. Giving it a Star Wars feeling in the last panel was kind of tough. But since I did it before, making it dark but still light, it was kind of easy too. Because of the 30th anniversary, I just came up with it this year. It does not have the long-lost index title.

1 comment:

Dean Brink said...

Awesome! Happy 30th Star Wars! (5 years late!!!)