12/14/06

I Hope This Didn't Spoil Your Enjoyment of the Story...

Christmas Countdown: 10 (I've been forgetting it every now and then.)


Whoa. This is one of the only daily strips with color in it. I did the stick's color in Photoshop, so this is (so far) the only non-black color that is perfect solid. All those Nermia scenes were just done with bluescreen. Moe's original pose in panel 1 was a different one, which was one that made me think he was just acting. Also, what Thidwick does in panel 2 wasn't originally in my sketch. Here are everybody's jobs on the set:

  • Nerm: filmer
  • the pig: cue card boy
  • the dog: holds the frames in place (only for scenes at home) so the stick can stand on it
  • the stick: "microphone holder"

So, now you know what I meant when I said "this is the second-to-last strip of the actual story, but fourth-to-last strip of the entire story." On December 17, I'm gonna get back to my normal strips without 4-month stories. This is the first and last time I let myself have the story go on for longer than 1 month. Incidentally, that same day is the day the cast starts getting ready for Christmas. Whoa! This is the longest post on the blog! The second-longest is Introducing Brennan.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Wow! A behind the scenes look! Awesome Riley!

Riley said...

Thanks. Originally, only Nerm and the stick were in my sketch, and Merlin and Bob were peeking their heads out...very careful so they weren't in the shot. But I wanted to use the rest of the Nermia characters, so I had the dog hold up the frames. Then came the trouble. I thought, "What would the pig do?" Then I thought of cue cards. I like that.

Thanks, again.