12/20/06

The Christmas Story Part IV

Christmas Countdown: 4


It took me a few tries to get "St. Nicholas come with a bound" right. After practicing for nearly two years, I finally got it right. Sometime in 2004, was the first time I sketched this out, and the original version didn't have Santa saying "Nice pajamas." And, the white stuff on his outfit (I'm guessing it's fleece, as referred to in this strip) wasn't very good. Now that I'm two years older, and better at drawing, I've finally been able to improve those. But it was only in the last month or so that I found the time to sketch out the strip for the second time. Anyways, the first panel was also a bit different. The first half wasn't in there, and we heard some prancing and pawing of each little hoof. And, Moe was turning around, and was "drawing in his head." This is the first time I've drawn a strip where there's a main part of a panel, but the remaining part is cut in half. I guess you could say there's 3½ panels.

No comments: